Sizes from 250cm under B-grade bargain: here
deLUX aquarium cover - white
The deLUX aquarium cover from LEDaquaristik offers a maximum of quality and functionality. Made completely of aluminium and developed for the eco+, PRO² and aquaLUMix LEDs. But flexible mounting options are also available for LED products from other manufacturers within the cover. For aquariums from 30x30 to 300x100 centimeters, the deLUX Aquarium Cover offers an outstanding price/performance ratio.
The choice. Flexible. Variety. Far more than 2000 possible combinations make this cover the first choice for square and rectangular aquariums from 30x30 to 300x100cm. Depending on the selection, the technical cut-out (for cables, hoses, etc.) is possible on the long side (standard) or the wide side (room divider), or even completely without (for integrated maintenance shaft).
The processing. Precisely fitting. High quality. Highest quality is our claim. A precise production of all components leads to minimum gap dimensions and maximum stability. The frame and light profiles are fully anodised or powder-coated, depending on the colour, which means that even cut edges and invisible areas are protected from corrosion and optically top.
The colours. Modern. Timeless. Two colour variants are available: Titanium grey (anodised) and white (powder-coated). Matt, brushed surfaces make this cover a jewel at the aquarium and some fish jealous.
The material. Uncompromising. Durable. The solid frame parts and their internal corner connectors made of dimensionally stable aluminium, the screws made of stainless V4A stainless steel and the lid made of aluminium composite panels stand for resistance at the highest quality level. Stylish silicone handles integrated into the lid round off the overall package.
The highlight are the inner sides of the lid plates, which have a mirror-like, highly reflective surface to minimize scattering losses and make the maximum of LED light usable.
The design. Slim. Functional. Not only visually the cover shows a clear edge. The well thought-out frame profiles allow comfortable lid sizes and thus almost unhindered access to the aquarium. The integrated XL dirt and water level screen (-38mm to the upper edge of the glass) ensures a clean and undisturbed field of vision all round. The temperature-optimised light profile absorbs waste heat ideally.
The possibilities. Clever. Versatile. One to three light profiles for holding the LEDs can be selected depending on the depth of the tank and enable optimum and maximum lighting for larger or particularly light-hungry aquariums. The unique 90° mounting in the frame of the cover makes special effects possible during light simulation, e.g. for a horizontally shining moonlight above the water surface.
The function. Simple. Convincing. As known from our adapter profiles and lamp housings, the LEDs can be pushed into the light profile using retaining bridges. Alternatively, LEDs can also be screwed directly to the light profile. Alternatively, the frame offers a groove for hanging the lighting (e.g. lamp housing as floor lamp or aquaLUMix with standard bracket). It can also be mounted in a frame at 90° to the water surface for completely new lighting effects. If required, the lid flaps can be opened very easily, set up vertically or removed completely.
Important to know:
- The glass thickness of the aquarium is not relevant, the cover fits any glass thickness.
- The stated dimensions for length and width always refer from outer edge to outer edge of the aquarium and leave no room for manoeuvre to exceed them. 1mm air per side is taken into account.
- The light profile (central bar) always runs parallel to the selected length of the cover.
- The light profile is always planned and supplied by us in the middle of the width or, in the case of several light profiles, evenly distributed over the width. This results in the corresponding cover sizes.
- The maximum length of an LED light is always: edge length aquarium minus 9cm! Except aquaLUMix when mounted in the frame profile.
- The hinged cover is manufactured in two parts from a length of 130cm and in three parts from a length of 250cm.
- Size and position of the technical cutouts: up to 40cm 1x 10cm in the middle. From 50cm length with 10cm each distance from the corner 2x 10cm, from 120cm 2x 15cm, from 150cm 3x 15cm (1x centered)
- The deLUX cover is manufactured to order, which is why this article is expressly excluded from the right of withdrawal. In case of uncertainties concerning the selection, we recommend our sample case!
- Provide a soft surface to avoid scratches during installation on your new cover.
- The delivery includes 8 corner connectors including 32 M5x5 Allen screws. These are screwed into the provided grooves of the frame profiles with the Allen key (2 per corner, see picture on the left). Make sure that the frame profiles are completely pushed onto the corner connectors and that a right angle is obtained. Otherwise, unattractive gap dimensions or a non-right-angled cover will result. For larger models we recommend an assembly with 2 persons.
- After the frame has been mounted, it can already be placed on the aquarium. Please make sure that the glass edges are clean (no sand etc.). If an effect light is to be attached to the side of the frame, it is advisable to do this beforehand. A fixation of the frame with silicone is not necessary. If the cover should be removed from the aquarium regularly, a protection of the glass edges by simple adhesive tape would be recommendable in order to avoid scratches at the glass. Cables and hoses are led through the appropriate technical cut-outs.
- Depending on the scope of order, the light profile(s) are now equipped with the LED lighting (see page) and inserted into the frame.
- The scope of delivery includes silicone cubes (11x11mm). These are positioned with their self-adhesive back in the four corners of the frame to allow flush closing of the lid flaps.
- The protective foils of the lid flaps can now be removed and the silicone handles inserted.
- Now insert the cover flaps (as well as any intermediate covers for more than one light profile).
- For aquariums with an edge length of 200cm or more, a height-adjustable nylon support is also included for each light profile. This is set up on the glass central bar of the aquarium and prevents a possible sagging of the light profile.
Scope of delivery:
- 4 pieces frame profiles in length and colour according to selection
- Light profiles and cover flaps in length, colour and number according to selection
- silicone grips
- 8 corner connectors with screws
- From 200cm edge length a height-adjustable support made of nylon
- 2 pieces retaining bridges up to 120cm length, 4 pieces from 130cm length
The clampless version of the retaining bridges is supplied as standard,
if you want the variant with brackets, please indicate this in the order process under remarks.
- In connection with the aquaLUMix delivery without retaining bridges!
- 1 piece spiral hose 100cm for cable bundling
- Without lighting
No retaining bridges are necessary for the aquaLUMix!
The maximum length of an LED light is
Aquarium edge length minus 9cm, when mounted in the light profile
Aquarium edge length minus 4cm, when mounting/hanging in frame profile
Example configuration of a 130cm light profile
4x 116cm LED lighting bars, (2 No. retaining clip bridges required).
2x 116cm, 4x 50cm LED lighting bars, (4 No. retaining clip bridges required).
1x 116cm, 1x 80cm, 2x 50cm, 3x 30cm, 1x 20cm LED lighting bars, (6 No. retaining clip bridges required).
Configuration for a maximum of 4x eco+ OR 1x PRO² and 2x eco+ OR 2x PRO² and 1x eco+ LED lighting bars placed in parallel next to one another.