The PRO² LED bar excels with twice the output of the eco+ model and saves on heating costs through heat recovery system (LED water cooling).
Compared to the eco + version, the PRO² LED bar is equipped with twice as many LEDs and therefore has an outstanding light output. A cool, white-blue light, but very natural. Freshwater and seawater. Suitable for all aquariums! Which and how many LED bars you need in the end depends on the tank size, aquarium type, features, equipment and fish population, see FAQ. Our Light comparison page shows you the possibilities for combination.
CHARACTERISTICS (For detailed information see our main page for PRO² or our FAQ)
- High-power LEDs manufactured under the brand name LG, 33% brighter than standard versions
- Integrated water cooling with heat recovery
- The superior colour rendering ensures your underwater world is vivid and full of colour. The aquarium will light up more clearly and brilliantly than one with fluorescent tubes.
- Lifelike shimmering effect on the bottom; the interaction of light and waves, just as in nature.
- Dimmable: manual or by automatic control
- Compact design 32x18mm, 47-135cm long
- Extensive configuration options thanks to 6 different lengths
- Passive-active cooling body manufactured out of solid, high-grade aluminium
HEAT RECOVERY SYSTEM (LED WATER COOLING)
The use of water cooling is an advantage, but not mandatory. The temperature-optimised aluminium profile of the PRO² LED bar also provides passive cooling. But with active water cooling, the LEDs are optimally cooled, the waste heat from the LEDs is put to effective use and the aquarium is heated.
Water cooling: In spite of the much higher efficiency of LEDs compared with conventional lighting systems, LEDs also convert part of the energy they consume into heat. This heat must be conducted away by a cooling system, either passively through an aluminium profile and/or actively.
The PRO² LED lamps can operate with a water cooling or heat recovery system, which means the LEDs are always within their optimum temperature range. Because starting of the first day a LED, whether for household or aquarium application, loses slowly but continuously its luminosity. The value of LED chip service life (eg 50,000 hours), as it is found in the technical data, says that the LED delivers only 50% of the former luminosity after this period of operation. An optimal working temperature through cooling significantly counteracts this creeping process.
Heat recovery: Heat energy that is lost in conventional LED lighting and remains unused is effectively used with the PRO² LED lamps. The system supplies the resulting waste heat to the aquarium water and thus noticeably relieves the aquarium heating.
The water cooling with heat recovery becomes a great advantage of your aquarium.
Simple - ingenious!
* The graphic shows exemplary values: Room temperature, heater, water volume etc. must be taken into account and lead to individual results.
- The LEDs work within their optimum temperature range, which maximises the output of the LEDs and extends their period of peak lighting performance.The heat recovery / water cooling system uses the waste heat from the LEDs and feeds the aquarium with warm water.
- The electricity consumed by the aquarium heating is drastically reduced.
- PRO² LED bars with heat recovery pay for themselves very much quicker than other LED lighting systems: Lower electricity consumption with light and heat!
- The two integrated XL channels that provide water cooling to the LED bars ensure high flow rates, excellent cooling properties and very high efficiency.
- You can feed the water cooling system through a bypass in your filter system's water circulation circuit or by means of a separate pump.
- The system is nearly maintenance free and extremely durable thanks to high quality components manufactured from stainless steel and silicone.
- As you would expect, you can connect several PRO² LED bars together in parallel or in series.
- Low-noise operation
You can use a dimmer to slightly throttle the output, without the lighting in the aquarium looking noticeably darker. This will reduce electricity consumption and have a positive effect on the service life of LED bars. A similar result can also be achieved with an automatic light control or daylight simulation system.
KEY INFORMATION: POLAR
Brightness, subjective judgement
Colour rendering, lifelike colour of the illuminated creatures and objects
Special accentuation of red tones
Special accentuation of blue tones
Suitability for use alone, not in combination with other light colours
Suitability for planted aquariums, if necessary in combination with other light colours
Suitability for seawater
Suitability as effect lighting: Dawn reds or sunrise or moonshine etc.
You have various options for installing LED bars:
- To install LED bar(s) in existing T5 or T8 waterproof tube sockets, we offer special holders.
- Silicone feet. They allow you to install LED bars very simply, e.g. on the transverse or longitudinal struts or even on the cover plate.
- Our lamp housing is manufactured in aluminium to a modern-looking design and has a very slender cross section. It is particularly suitable for open or glass/acrylic-covered aquariums and can be individually configured with our LED bars. The free choice of fastenings means it can be flexibly used as a side-mounted lamp, suspended lamp or as a frame-mounted lamp as well as inside the aquarium cover.
- With the LED adapter profile, JUWEL and EHEIM aquariums can be upgraded very quickly to a modern LED lighting system. The existing conventional T5 or T8 batten fittings can be replaced 1 for 1 and the cover plates retained.
- Should you decide not to choose any of the above fastenings, then mounting brackets (eco+) or screws (PRO²) are included with the respective products and can be used to install the LED bars directly.
- Among our "individual and replacement parts" you can find everything you need for a customised installation.
The many customer photographs on our "example installations" page will show you further possibilities and suggestions for your aquarium.
SCOPE OF SUPPLY
- The selected PRO² LED bar
- 4x stainless steel hose barbs for the connections to the water cooling system
- 1x 180° silicone bend for connecting the feed and return sides (water cooling system)
- Fastening screws for the LED bar (if no other method of support forms part of the order!)
- Cable connections to suit the other accessories forming part of the order
A suitable connection kit for the water cooling system, as well as a mains adapter and a distributor must be ordered separately! (see Accessories)
|PRO² LED bar POLAR 7500 Kelvin
||Output / consumption
||44 W = 44 kWh/1000h
||42 W = 42 kWh/1000h
||43 W = 43 kWh/1000h
||37 W = 37 kWh/1000h
||27 W = 27 kWh/1000h
*Unfortunately, LED products are continually promoted quoting theoretical values that can never be achieved in reality with the finished product. We think this is hardly good practice, but we shall adopt it in order for you to be able to compare our LED data with the information from other manufacturers. Read more about this topic here...
- Chip: High-power LEDs manufactured under the brand name LG (type 5630)
- Colour rendering index: 88.7 Ra (CRI)
- LED beam angle: 120° or almost 180° through ClearSealing
- Voltage: 12V DC (direct current)
- LED chip service life: ~ 50,000 hours (> 13 years assuming 10 hours lighting per day)
- Switching cycles until premature failure: approx. 100,000
- Switching time: none
- Connection cable approx. 100cm (2x 0.75mm²)
can be lengthened with an extension cable + connector, if required!
- Items for connecting to other accessories will be supplied to suit the rest of the order, click
- Ingress protection class: IP67 not suitable for underwater use!
- Dimmable: YES, manual or automatic dimming control systems see accessories
- Can be shortened: No
Caution! This product is a waterproof LED bar (IP67), which can also be used inside the aquarium cover to a freshwater tank. The permanent presence of moisture, the build up of dirt or lime deposits can adversely affect the light quality, output and service life of the LED bars. Therefore we recommend that our CleanCovers are used within the aquarium cover. If active water cooling is not used, there must be an adequate circulation of air. As a rule, the openings for cables and hoses in the cover are adequate for this purpose. Further information.
When using watter cooling with sea water or deviant fresh water (eg very low PH), we recommend using the TITAN upgrade.